One Community! One Strategy! Youths for Unity!
“Strengthening the Power of Youth Engagement in Building a Peaceful and Productive ASEAN Community”
March 17, 18, and 19, 2014
March 20, 2014 (ASEAN Youth Concert)
Throughout the past five years, the ASEAN Youth Forum (AYF) has been the bedrock of hope, empowerment and engagement towards a youth-driven Southeast Asia. The AYF has been organized in Thailand (2009), Vietnam (2010), Indonesia (2011), Cambodia (2012), and Brunei Darussalam (2013). It has already involved 500 young leaders from the Region and beyond. It provided space for young leaders to discuss issues, dialogue with various stakeholders and define their destinies with respect to their issues and realities
This year, as Myanmar takes the chairmanship for the first time, it is with great pride that it will be hosting the Seventh ASEAN Youth Forum 2014 in Yangon. In 2014, young people from various backgrounds will again convene in Yangon, Myanmar to fuel their passion and commitment for a more embracing region. Youth leaders are now preparing for a more dynamic and inclusive AYF. They have been trying their best to keep the vision of AYF of creating a free and empowering platform for youths to voice out their concerns and strategize for ways to achieve a better ASEAN. The main goal is to influence and engage in regional and national policy making process for the better and meaningful participation of young people in all aspects of life. The ASEAN Youth Forum aims to achieve the following objectives:
* To promote meaningful youth involvement in building an ASEAN Community;
* To enhance friendship beyond boundaries among ASEAN youths;
* To be able to share local, regional issues that youth are encountering and to come up with efficient and effective strategies at the national and ASEAN Levels; and
* To maintain peace, sustainability in education , environment and economic sectors
The expected outcomes from ASEAN Youth Forum 2014 are as follows:
* Develop among youth a progressive and inclusive regional mindset and awareness on ASEAN regional integration for making a real people-centered ASEAN.
* A strong and meaningful action to amplify the voice and solidify the engagement of Youths at the local, national and regional levels.
* Commitment to Strategies to mainstream their issues and concerns at the national level, ASEAN People’s Forum, ASEAN related ministerial meeting and ASEAN Summit.
Be part of this history in the making. Meaningfully engage in the movement towards a youth-driven ASEAN! We are inviting the most passionate and active young Southeast Asians (ASEAN and Timor Leste) to join this Forum!
Keep yourself updated at http://www.aseanyouthforum.org